Friday, February 26, 2016

February 26 - Lion

"Simba... Let me tell you something that my father told me... Look at the stars.  The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars.  So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you...  And so will I."  
               ~ Mufasa


Again we revisit Balloon Magic magazine issue #79, most likely for the last time - but this is really a good issue!  Here is Lily Tan's lion.   It's cute and cartoonish, this is squeezable and huggable - which I think is somewhat her trademark.

I really do like this creation, but I don't think I got the face right in these builds.  There is so much balloon around the cheeks that they droop.  I tried one where I made a smaller mane, but that took away from the overall effect.  I think if I made the whole head structure smaller, and made the outer bit of the mane softer, it could look a lot cleaner.

As always, "my next build would be so much better!"


Tickle fight!


Other posts with Lily's designs:


Show all

3 comments:

  1. Got a big smile out of me! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my sweet perfectionist son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope James Earl Jones writes an autobiography so I can read it using his voice in my head ... It might take a year to get through, but it will be epic.

      Delete