Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29 - Trucks



Cause we got a little old convoy
Rockin' through the night.
Yeah, we got a little old convoy,
Ain't she a beautiful sight?
Come on and join our convoy
Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way.
We gonna roll this truckin' convoy
'Cross the U-S-A.
Convoy!

Stephanie Gintz Morace is a balloon twister from Louisiana.  But you would never guess from her accent... .... (long pause for added hilarity if you know her).

I first met Stephanie at the Florida Super Jam 2015 where she won the "Best in Show" competition for her amazing Shih-tzu dog design and I've been a fan ever since, not only was her dog the hands down winner, but she was so nice to take the time and repeatedly show everyone in the jam room how to create it.

This truck design is something she showed us in a balloon webinar last year.  I did my best to try and recreate it from memory and some scrap pictures, but I'm not sure I got it right.  I struggled and played most with a variety of wheel designs to try and get something with hubcaps and yet not have them angle weirdly.

Da-gum!





1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! Looks like Purple Pig found a long lost friend!!!

    ReplyDelete