Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February 23 - Swan & Flamingo

        "Now wakes the hour,
         Now sleeps the swan 
         Behold the dream,
         The dream is gone. 
        Green fields are calling 
        It's falling, in a golden door."

           ~ A Pillow of Winds (link)


Jeffrey Hayes is one of the most creative balloon artists that I know and have the pleasure of calling friend.

I first met Jeff last year in a Steve Klein webinar, but it would be hard not to know of him, he has been a frequent contributor to balloon forums and the art in general - and a huge inspiration.  He is probably one of the most fun (terrifying?) people in the world to jam on an idea with, because he has a balloon mind like either a chess grand-master or a mad scientist - an idea or simple concept turns into Chewbacca-riding-a-shark-with-laser-eyes awesome.

Last night he stepped in and hosted an impromptu webinar when there were some computer issues in the regularly scheduled program.  With no audio, he was able to teach so much that he could have just dropped the mic halfway through and walked off stage - it would have still been worth the admission price, yet with only 6 minutes to spare, he quickly taught us this swan as well.

Grace under pressure.

Since it's Jeff, I couldn't just build the swan, I had had to try and push it somewhere else.  So I tried making a flamingo.  I like it!  Now I just need to add the shark and the lasers ...


Ivory & White




Thanks Jeff!

3 comments:

  1. Love both you and Jeff!!! Brought a huge smile to my face, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I feel almost ashamed I haven't posted anything from him before now - It's funny that at first I was worried if I could come up with a years worth of balloons to show, now I am worried that I have only just barely scratched the surface of the people who have inspired me...

      Delete
  2. LOVE the flamingo!!! The swans are gorgeous! So glad that you have a friend that makes you feel challenged :)

    ReplyDelete