Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 17 - Geo Fish



I was just a little pup and it was derby day

Was dad and me and Darrell out in San Pablo bay
Taco flavored Doritos and my orange life vest
Dad caught a hundred pound sturgeon on twenty-pound test
Now he fought that fish for an hour And a half
Darrell'd say "Jump ya sons a bitch!" and he grabbed for the gaff
When we got him in the boat he measured six feet long
I was so danged impressed I had to write a song
called Fish On 
~ Primus 

This is called a Geo Fish because the main body uses a giant Geo balloon.  I don't know many uses for Geo's, mainly I use them for a quick flower or a base for something else.  Geo's are ... weird?  I have wondered at times what inspired Qualatex to create such a thing, but I do enjoy them.

This fish was designed by Rob Balchunas for Balloon Magic Magazine Issue #80, and despite having to frumple twist to get the mouth, you have to have a decent amount of air in there or you lose the head shape - so with a 16" Geo this becomes quite a wrestling match.   I think the end results are worth the finger pain!


There's something fishy about the guy in the middle...




1 comment: