Friday, February 19, 2016

February 19 - Nao Fish


"I'd like to travel under the sea, I could meet all the fish everywhere,
I'd like to travel under the see, but I don't think I'd like to live there.
I might stay for a day if I had my wish, but there's not much to do when your friends are all fish.
And and oyster and clam aren't real family, so I don't want to live in the sea." - Ernie 

That quote is special to me, I would sing this Sesame Street song to my sons when they were young.
If you've spent any time on this blog at all, you already know that I'm a huge fan of Nao Osaka.  I continue to be amazed at the life he can capture in his designs, and this fish is no exception.

Nao's designs are complex at initial glance, but very straightforward after you understand them - it makes it a delight and very easy to attempt these larger or smaller.  When you upsize these - they really amaze people.
Look what I caught!
What's neat about this fish, similar to the dog - is that it's the foundation for a good variety of fish,  By simply changing the quantity, color or length of the stripes - you could make most fish shapes.  I've included some extra pictures in this entry to show.

Angry eyes!


160 fish
Smooch!





Other posts with Nao Osaka designs:



Show all

3 comments:

  1. Special thanks to Helen for sharing the PDF for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Helen and I look forward to meeting her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen is a gem, and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet in a jam room. .. and I know about 80 people who would agree with me!

      Delete