Sunday, November 12, 2017

November 12 - Nao's Wasp


“Bees do have a smell, you know, and if they don't they should, for their feet are dusted with spices from a million flowers.”

~ Ray Bradbury Dandelion Wine

This wasp is very similar to the Nao Osaka's ant design.

My first attempt I made without looking at a picture of an actual wasp, I think (I hope) you can see the improvements I made on my second after getting some reference images and choosing more appropriate colors and getting the wings to lay flat.

I also tried a different limb style in the second build, I've seen Masayoshi Matsumoto do amazing things with his insects and I took a page and first attempt from his book for these.

I did have bigger plans for what I was going use as the main image, but time got away from me today...







Other balloon designs by or inspired by Nao Osaka:

Show All

1 comment: