Friday, November 17, 2017

November 17 - Mouth


“A man should never miss an opportunity to keep his mouth shut.”

~ David Eddings The Treasured One

Antonio Bécares Rodríguez is one of those balloon creators that pushes things to the next level. He developed a new technique called the "Pinch Line Technique" where he easily creates a long row of pinch twists of any size.

Whenever someone comes up with a new technique like this, there is a moment of "how did I not think of this?" followed by "why would I ever do it differently again? I'm going to use this everywhere!". I was doing something similar previously with a row of double pinch twists, but not nearly as easily or reliably or with as much control as Antonio demonstrates.

Included on his DVD are a video series of images where he demonstrates the technique on a few different creations. This is one of those, a perfect gift to bring into the dentist office for my appointment.

I accidentally had them upside down for the pictures below ... which makes them look like they have a severe underbite.





Other balloon designs by or inspired by Antonio:

Show All

1 comment: