Thursday, November 9, 2017

November 9 - Nao's Gecko


Democracy is all about not electing the wrong man-eating lizard.

~ Douglas Adams

This gecko design is something that Nao Osaka shared and I have saved in my balloon inspiration folder for a while.  I changed the toes slightly because I like a more rounded pad, but tried my best to copy the swoop of the body that Nao had because it adds so much to the design.

I tried for a crested gecko in honor of my son's (now deceased) pet, Kaiju.

It was only after I had already taken these pictures that I realized I didn't make the index toe super long... next time!

I have a number of maroon left over (one of Qualatex's new colors), so I decided to build using that.  I know I've mentioned it in earlier posts but I really enjoy that since Nao primarily uses one size balloon, it's easy to down/upsize the creation so I made a smaller one in toffee as well.





Other balloon designs by or inspired by Nao Osaka:

Show All

1 comment: