Friday, November 10, 2017

November 10 - Nao's Crab


There are souls which, crab-like, crawl continually toward darkness, going back in life rather than advancing in it, using what experience they have to increase their deformity, growing worse without ceasing, and becoming steeped more and more thoroughly in an intensifying wickedness.

~ Victor Hugo Les Misérables

This crab was a design that Nao Osaka came up with specifically to teach at Bling Bling Jam 2016.  According the Steve, there was a miscommunication or misunderstanding as to where the convention was going to be, and he built it thinking we were in ... San Francisco?  I might be mistaken of the location, but it was a place famous for it's crabs..

I didn't take pictures at the time - I have one blurry one while a bit of the shell weave, I was busy trying to keep up with the instructions at the time!  I was able to piece it together from some images that Nao thankfully shared on Facebook.  I built the red first when trying to figure out or remember how it was all put together, but tightened things up a bit when making the maroon.







Other balloon designs by or inspired by Nao Osaka:

Show All


1 comment: