Monday, November 27, 2017

November 27 - Chibicoro Clowns


“You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who make people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea.”

 ~ Jack Handy

I was considering what to build to day when I impulsively picked up a scrap of white and lilac, made the basics of a two tone Chibicoro then I saw I could make it into a clown. I didn't really like the way the smooshed balloon worked for the lower part of the face and thought I would build one where the face is completely drawn in the upper section.

I actually almost chucked the idea out as boring - when the thought occurred that it might be fun to make a tramp-style clown.  (I'm not sure if there is a better name for them?)

This is what I've heard referred to as the "corridor approach", it was a business lesson I was taught ages ago and the analogy stuck with me. You don't know what doors are open when you stand at the very end of a corridor until you walk down it a ways. There might be completely unseen pathways until you take those steps, and a big barrier to success is an unwillingness to take those first steps until things are lined up perfectly.

I really like how the tramp turned out, and now that I've traveled down that corridor I've seen a few other tramp-clown styles I might try if given the opportunity to build it again.  I tried two different ways to get big shoes - I'm not sure which I like or if I should go a different route there.





Other Chibicoro balloon designs:

Show All



1 comment: