Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 15 - Nao's E.T.


Elliott: He's a man from outer space and we're taking him to his spaceship.
Greg: Well, can't he just beam up?
Elliott: This is *reality*, Greg.

 ~ E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)

Last Bling Bling Jam, Nao Osaka was an instructor and taught both a chameleon (link) and cat (link) that I've built previously for this blog.

I attended every class I was able to at Bling Bling, but did notice people who skipped and stayed in the jam room had an opportunity for some private instruction from Nao - where he taught how to build this E.T.  Being an east coaster - classes ended at was my 3am, so I most of my jam room time was hours before anyone showed up in the morning.  I took a bunch of pictures of this E.T. in order to attempt it at some time in the future.

I'm happy that I've finally afforded myself that opportunity.  It was still a lot of work figuring out the puzzle and maze of twists, and took a couple attempts to get things at a point I was happy with them, but I really like how things turned out.






Other balloon designs by or inspired by Nao Osaka:

Show All


1 comment: