Saturday, February 6, 2016

February 6 - Carolina Panther

Celebrating the Super Bowl - I tried to recreate Nao's Panther.  This was the first Nao sculpture I was ever able to complete, it was quite a learning experience!

Nao first taught this panther in a recorded session at Bling Bling Jam, I'm sad to say that the room was fairly empty by the end and there were only about two of us trying to twist, each of us had only figured out the face.

Steve replayed this video for his normal webinars a few weeks after BBJ.  I was able to use my notes from the original session to get most of it built, but I had a catastrophe (cat-astrophe?) with the back legs and had to wing it there.   Thankfully, everyone collectively agreed they needed another watch and the following week I finished.

Perhaps the last picture of the Purple Pig

This was a fun one to drop off, everyone is wearing their Carolina Panther shirts - I felt like a celebrity.


Go Panthers!




Other posts with Nao Osaka designs:



Show all

1 comment: