Tuesday, October 31, 2017

October 31 - Dr. Frank N. Furter


So, come up to the lab
And see what's on the slab
I see you shiver with antici-
-Pation
But maybe the rain
Is really to blame
So I'll remove the cause
But not the symptom

~ Sweet Transvestite
   Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

Happy Halloween! 

Ponysaurus is a local brewery run by a couple friends of ours, they not only have fantastic beers - but have also been very generous to our school community by sponsoring and contributing to events through the years.  My wife has been event coordinator for a few of these and has expressed how grateful she is to have them as sponsors and as friends.

Recently they had a Rocky Horror Picture Show movie night, so I made this for them.

Dr. Frank N. Furter is probably one of the toughest faces I've tried to create -- the balance he strikes in his androgyny, both handsome and beautiful.  I rebuilt the face a number of times trying different hair styles, different face structures.   I'm not really fond of the final result to be perfectly honest, the face is chubby around the jowels and the hair is too sparse, at least from this angle.  The one before had a better looking face but I overdid the hair into a big poofball and undoing it caused some problems which prompted this rebuild.







1 comment: