Monday, October 9, 2017

October 9 - The Dungeon Master




~ Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Intro

Back before Everquest, Ultima Online, World of Warcraft or even text MUDs, you had to get together with living human beings to "game".  I spent an immeasurable amount of time poring over the tomes and bestiaries.  Though I have lucked/cheated/bribed my way out of many a critical strike against my avatar, I have also bid sad farewells to a good number of foolhardy adventurers.

I loved this cartoon.

This again uses Christopher Lyle's take on Sweet Cheeks that he teaches in his Clockwork Yellow video.  I built a good number of these trying to get the face right - forgetting for a moment that when you use a concept, the idea is to get you close, not to have it be perfect.






Other Clockwork Cheeks:


Other balloon designs by Christopher Lyle:

Show All

1 comment: