Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October 4 - Graceful Expressions 2017


.. we are the dancers, we create the dreams.

~ Albert Einstein

... the reason I had been reviewing some line work worthy designs.

The Graceful Expressions Dance Company puts on a yearly inclusive dance that is the reason I make balloon art today. It's my one true "gig" a year, and volunteering for it was what launched this odd rocket.  Hearing how much the little girl below on the left loved and kept the first monkey I made all those years ago - now I make sure to bring something special made just for her.

The most requested balloons of the day were princesses (cutie dolls). I love this crowd - when I give them a few options of classic Disney princesses and end with "or I could make you as a princess" usually they have gone with the creative option.  It more fun for me, more exciting to watch build and more meaningful of a keepsake.  (I'm noticing I missed adding eyelashes to the rainbow princess on the right!)

This year I had the advantage of both of my boys helping if anyone wanted a sword or a penguin.  Eventually that turned into a competition for making the best sword - I had 646 greys stashed for my own but ended up being busy the whole time.

Thank you, April and everyone involved in putting on this great yearly event.  I hope to see you in 2018!

Here is last year: Graceful Expressions 2016





2 comments: