Thursday, October 26, 2017

October 26 - Surly Devil


Prayed like a martyr dusk to dawn.
Begged like a hooker all night long.
Tempted the devil with my song.
And got what I wanted all along.

But I, And I would,
If I could, And I would
Wish it away.

~ Tool Jambi

This is a devil using the Surly Dudes technique Buster Balloon has demonstrated.

The teeth give a nice snarl, something he showed in the mummy.  Since these need to be "accessorized", I gave him a soul to hold on to.

I prefer Qualatex red, one of the few Q balloons I use - it's more opaque and richer in my opinion.  I accidentally popped the upper lip which was the last red in my bucket so I used one of my reds from a junk bag that happened to be Betallatex.  You can really see the difference in colors with those two, but I think it works out well to have the lip color slightly different so it's a happy accident.  (I've since restocked my reds.)






Other Surly Dudes:


Other balloon designs by or inspired by Buster Balloon:

Show All

1 comment: