Wednesday, October 25, 2017

October 25 - Surly Alien


You and I, we are strangers by one chromosome
Slave to the hormone, body and soul
In a struggle to be happy and free
Swimming in a primitive sea

You and I, we must dive below the surface
A world of red neon, and ultramarine
Shining bridges on the ocean floor
Reaching to the alien shore

~ Rush Alien Shore

I was once again playing with the "Surly Dude" balloon concept introduced by Buster Balloon in his 31 Days of Halloween, and came up with this alien.

I thought about making this in grey, but the little grey men have a very distinct look, so I went for the classic little green men look.

I feel like these creations need an accessory, because as great as the head structure is, the body is a bit plain vanilla.  So I gave this guy a space blaster to complete the look.








Other Surly Dudes:


Other balloon designs by or inspired by Buster Balloon:

Show All


1 comment: