Saturday, October 28, 2017

October 28 - Surly Fish


“Alive without breath,
As cold as death;
Never thirsty, ever drinking,
All in mail never clinking.”

~ J.R.R. Tolkien The Hobbit

I played around with the shape of things for today's post.  This is a little more loosely based on what I'm referring to as the "surly dudes" concept that Buster Balloon has used for a few of his Halloween designs.

Again the beauty of building a fish is that the adage of a "million fish in the sea" is true and it's easy to play around with the shape of things.  I first built the blue one but wasn't happy with the big gap that I had to fill - I built things a little more efficiently with the green.  It's less triangular, but I like the way the 646 uses up a lot of that room.






Other Surly Dudes:


Other balloon designs by or inspired by Buster Balloon:

Show All

1 comment: