Saturday, June 11, 2016

June 11 - Chibicoro


Chibi (ちび or チビ?) is a Japanese slang word meaning "short person" or "small child". The word has gained currency among fans of manga and anime. It means someone or some animal that is small in stature. It can be translated as "little", but is not used the same way as chiisana [小さな] (tiny, small, little in Japanese) but rather cute.
~ Wiki definition

I love the internet.

I stumbled across a website for teeny balloon creations called "Chibicoro" (link). The creator, Kussy! has a great design. This is a very simple balloon concept, but could easily be a technique to create most anything with only a bit of imagination and sharpie work. In it's simplest form, it could be created with one balloon, more are added just for accent and colors.

Many of the designs I see on the site appear to be from anime or Asian culture, and I'm only casually familiar with them.  But this style is so versatile that it can be applied to virtually anything and there is a wide variety of well known characters as well to use as examples.
DELETE!

This is my newest most favorite thing to make with my random bits - it's a fun challenge to come up with something from a blindfolded pick of colors.  The random gray I had yesterday turned into a Cyberman.  Bad pic, quick junky art, but my boys knew it right away.




Basic form

Jack Chibiton

Domokun

No-neck giraffe


You repaired our automorph!

I got this!  CHIBIFY me!

4 comments:

  1. Is the yellow pig morphing into who I think it is? Really doesn't matter what you intended, got a belly laugh out of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The porcine avatar of yellow, Lyle-pig. Tends to do things on a "awesomely big" scale - here to improve our artform, as fortold by The Lyrics.

      Delete
  2. I saw what you did there..................Got Yellow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muahhahaha .. in a good way. But muahahhahahahaha nonetheless!

      Delete