Saturday, June 4, 2016

June 4 - School Bus

Cruisin' on down Main Street
You're relaxed and feelin' good
Next thing that you know you're seein'
Octopus in the neighborhood!
Surfin' on a sound wave
Swingin' through the stars
Take a left at your intestine
Take your second right past Mars.
On The Magic School Bus!
~ Magic School Bus Intro (link)

When I told my oldest son that I was going to make a bus for Bernard for the last day of school, despite being immersed in his after school ritual of phone worship, looked up and said "Bernard?  Really?  He's cool."  before getting distracted by a ping or a pong and returning to his reverie.

Bernard drives the bus for our school.  Always with a ready smile and wave, happy to chat with the enthusiastic toddler, he's been the audience to my morning farewells as I hang backpacks, sports bags, instruments and science projects on my boys and send them tottering towards school and bus.  We've shared a laugh when I have to reel them back in for sneaking off without that farewell kiss.

When I handed the School Bus to him, I did my typical apologetic mumble whenever I bring someone a random balloon gift "Here is ...  I .. -- this is for you.  Thanks." with an awkward smile.  But what I meant to say was "thank you, Bernard - for keeping my son safe for three years, that makes you a freaking rock star in my book".

Next year is going to be very different as I drop kids off at a different school ...

Our school bus is white with blue stripes, but unfortunately I only took one quick picture (above) before heading in that morning.   I've wanted to try out the Brenion Rumble Truck design for a while, but I probably should have practiced some of the earlier models and started with something a little less "artworky".

I am looking forward to building the normal Rumble Trucks!



More like a cool bus!


Other posts with David's designs:


Show all

2 comments:

  1. Big thumbs up to the everyday heroes who look out for our kids when we are not around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Off the scale wonderful all around! Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete