Friday, June 3, 2016

June 3 - D'lish Donut


“It's like doughnut holes. Whether you take a doughnut hole as a blank space or as an entity unto itself is a purely metaphysical question and does not affect the taste of the doughnut one bit.”
~ Haruki Murakami


Today is "National Doughnut Day".  My initial thoughts were this is a gluttonous, Hallmark, American gross (yet delicious) holiday - from the Wiki:

National Doughnut Day started in 1938 as a fund raiser for Chicago's The Salvation Army. Their goal was to help the needy during the Great Depression, and to honor The Salvation Army "Lassies" of World War I, who served doughnuts to soldiers.

Let me eat my words fried and lightly dusted with powdered sugar please.

D'lish Donut is another 'entity' from John Justice's recent Shopkin release from Twisters Cookbook.  I'm so glad this was one of the downloads, it's such a bizarre shape to try and pull off but John does an amazing job.  

According to the Shopkins Wiki - this is from Season One, it's hobby is golf because it's always trying to get a hole in one.  (ba-dum-tish!)  The chocolate one is the variant.

Cole, Lester & Al


"Your friend was D'lish ... "



Other posts with John's designs:


Show all

3 comments:

  1. I can't stop smiling!!!!!!! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 These Shopkin's have been my favorite "random acts of balloonistry" to leave places. I printed up some new "Take Me!" cards. :)

      Delete