Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 8 - Giraffe


My giraffe ate my cookies, and drank all my tea,
And skated my skateboard, and climbed in my tree.
And while I was sleeping, she played with my toys,
And read all my stories, and made lots of noise,
And woke up my neighbors, and had a great laugh.
But still I forgave her, 'cause she's my giraffe!
 ~ Unknown Author

These giraffe were shown in a recent webinar by Thad James.

The design is on the simple side, in only uses a couple balloons - but it packs a big punch with how tall it is.  It also speaks to simplicity of design, the main thing you think of when you think of a giraffe is a neck - the first thing you're drawn to when you see this balloon is the exaggeratedly long neck.  Thad knows!

I know I've said it before but it bears repeating, these webinars are my favorite way to learn balloon techniques.  By being so random, by being out of my control and taught by working professionals - I have learned what I never realized I wanted to know, and I am focused on what I didn't realize was important to focus on.  This giraffe is a perfect example, although I have a couple designs that might be considered 'cuter', they are much more involved to build and not necessarily more effective.  For $10 free - this was two hours long, included three designs by both Thad James and David Lima and business advice by Nick Rotundo!

Polly Giraffe, that's the truth!

A group of giraffe: A tower
How's the weather up there? 

5 comments:

  1. A CUTE way to start my day! Thanks for the smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Please do not make fun of me and please do not laugh. It isn't easy to write a poem on the neck of a running giraffe." -Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends

    Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this webinar still available somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve records them and has hinted that it's for greater purpose for as long as I've been attending. He and the presenters put so much time into these that its a shame sometimes only 15 or so people attend, but timing and internets and life -- it would be nice if others could benefit from all that effort!

      Delete