Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 1 - Orangutan


Now don't try to kid me, Man Cub
I made a deal with you
What I desire is Man's Red Fire
To make my dream come true
Now give me the secret, Man Cub
Come on, clue me what to do
Give me the power of Man's Red Flower
So I can be like you.
~ King Louie - The Jungle Book

I bought this PDF from Patrick Van De Ven right when it released and just recently had opportunity to make it again.

Patrick's designs that he creates for Balloon Magic magazine are fantastic, but I believe the designs that he spends the time to craft and sell himself are even better.  Although it looks similar in some respects to a gorilla from the magazine, this one is not only easier to build but also has a greater potential for "playability with form" if that makes any sort of sense.

This design, however, marks the last design I was allowed to bring to my sons school.  After attending Florida Super Jam last year, I thought to bring a balloon sculpture to our school on Mondays for the front office, this was probably the 5th I had brought in? -- and despite what everyone was saying about enjoying them, I got an email to cease-and-desist - that they are a choking hazard.  ... Crushed ... I didn't even want to walk into the front office for a long while.


Orangutans

Yellogutans

Not sure if pigs morphing to Orangutan,
or Orangutan morphing to pigs...

Let's do this!


Other posts with Patrick's designs:


Show all

4 comments:

  1. I probably would have shown up the following week with a balloon in a locked Plexiglas case!!! Great characters. Thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 thank you so much for being one of the ones who helped (and continue to) inspire me to keep going!

      Delete
  2. Love how the pigs change into Orangutans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morphing tech acquired from the Jeff Hayes latex-terrestrials - hasn't proven to be 100% reliable :)

      Delete