Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 29 - The Flash


My name is Barry Allen. And I am the fastest man alive. When I was a child I saw my mother killed by something impossible. My father went to prison for her murder. Then an accident made me the impossible. To the outside world I am an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly I use my speed to fight crime and find others like me. And one day, I'll find who killed my mother and get justice for my father. I am the Flash.

~ The Flash Season 1 Intro

Ken Stillman is a balloon industry superhero and master of decorative balloons, he has toured the world giving classes on his techniques - I was lucky enough to attend one where he showed us how to build a realistic looking 6' tall Tinker Bell.  (Though I suppose 6" would be realistic.)  He hosts a website, BalloonClick.com, updated with new creations monthly and stuffed full of his designs, ranging from a small simple centerpiece to gigantic involved sculptures.  Talk with him for a minute and you'll add him to your list of the nicest people you know.

This design is from his SuperHeroes Team 1 DVD project.  Having now watched it, I can say it's a "must have".  This is a great form base with which to build any muscular person, and each of the other designs on the disc expand and enhance this base with details geared to the specific superhero.  I really like how the head structure creates a super jaw look, but I'm not taken with the hands at all and might have to make something more than these oven mitt things on future builds.  I also like keeping the eyes pure white when they are in a mask.

I love watching the Flash TV show with my youngest son - he's such a powerful superhero, he can run so fast that he could travel back in time.  Despite the paradox he creates repeatedly by doing so (ugh, time travel storylines), this always made me wonder - how could he possibly see if he were travelling faster than light?  I get that his body moves that fast and that his eyes might react that fast, but the light rays feeding this information are restricted to the physical properties of the universe and are at a constant speed.  His vision should be getting terrible the faster he goes ... but a better question is if he can run that fast, why does he always let a super-criminal get in one good shot?

I have a really hard time taking pictures of things that are bigger than my photo area, I need a back-up area for these bigger things.

Thanks Ken!

Flash -  AAaaaaaaa!  He saved every one of us!  


I'm the fastest pig alive!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! WOW! WOW!! Nicely done. Thanks for the smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I couldn't resist publishing this early, poor impulse control - my new new favorite. :)

      Delete
  2. AWESOME - my favorite DC hero! You've done him justice, sir - nicely done! (Oh, and all Flash powers - and limitations - are hand-waved by "The Speed Force".)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My favorite too, especially since the TV Show has become something my youngest and I watch together.

      Delete