Thursday, June 2, 2016

June 2 - Simba


Oh yes, the past can hurt,
But the way I see it, you can either
run from it or learn from it.
~ Rafiki

Today is graduation day:

Both of my boys are at a transitional point, my oldest is moving on to high school after being part of the Montessori school system for over 10 years, while my youngest is heading to middle school.  My little goofy goobers are turning into fine young men, one day they will be sitting with their young cubs looking at the stars and talking about the great kings that came before.

(Has any Dad ever watched that scene with dry eyes?  Not this guy ...)

Simba is the first creation from Eric Weinstein's PDF Live Balloons #7 - this is a nice big fat display piece with a prideful chubby chest.  It's not a very complicated build but the effect is powerful with something this size.

I like this style of back leg - but I'm not sure I care for the back feet coming out from the center point.  On future builds I might set them out a bit from the body.  Also, with double pinch twists at the bottom, you can tell from the bottom image - he's looking a little "male"  ...


I would never bite you ... 
... but a Tiger Woods.
Everything the light touches is our kingdom ...



Other posts with Eric's designs:


Show all

1 comment: