Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June 15 - Flying Purple People Eater


I said, "Mister Purple People Eater,
What's your line?"
He said,
Eatin' purple people,
And it sure is fine.
What is the reason
That you came to land
I wanna get a job
In a rock 'n roll band
~ Sheb Wooley Flying Purple People Eater

Interesting. I always thought it was a one-eyed one-horned flying purple people-eater (unsafe!) - but actually it's a one-eyed one-horned flying purple-people eater (safe depending on what you wear that day I suppose).

At one point (episode 26) Balloon Blast Video show was doing a spoof on the Blair Witch Project in the woods, during which Scott Tripp showed us how to build this guy.

On the goofball scale, I'd give this one a solid 9 made out of macaroni noodles.  It's what I love about this show, these guys are so ... weird? that I feel like we are alternate universe best friends.  They validate my internal nerd, being a fan of The Balloon Blast Show is the balloon twister equivalent of being a member of the Kiss Army.

We just need some sort of cool name, like Blasters or Blastronauts ...

Purple people are delicious!

5-eyed 3-horn club-foot red-toenail purple-people eater

Apparently the wings are mostly for show ...

Other posts with Scott's designs:


Show all

1 comment: