Saturday, December 2, 2017

December 2 - Matt's Frumpal Cat


Black cat you're beautiful,
Why does everybody run away
Has anybody told you, I care
Has anybody told you, I love you

~ Ziggy Marley Black Cat

For balloon art, Matt Falloon has a knack for creatively pushing the bounds. Each of his balloon concepts that I've shared on this blog are a good example of that - his OCD designs were a physical challenge to complete, his flowerbuds were a new an interesting way to create a 4 legged creature, his Pico's make a perfect tiny accessory for a gift or a hair tie and remain one of my favorite things to build with the random balloons I keep in my car while waiting for my sons to be done with their after school activities.

Recently Matt travelled to a few select places with both Christopher Lyle and David Brenion on what was dubbed "The Magical Twistery Tour". Unfortunately none of the stops was close to me so I was unable to attend, but one of the things Matt offered as incentive to attend was the first of his Frumpal designs - this cat.

Now I would love to explore Frumpal creations here, but I've been told it's still something he is teaching at conventions and there might be a DVD instructions at some point (take my money!), and I respect his intellectual property. But since he taught and released a video for making this cat, I asked for and was given permission to show my attempts at it.

Note that these were done without a tutorial and are based on the images that both he and other people shared after attending the tour, I have since learned a few things that he does with greater efficiency than I did fumbling around.






Other balloon designs by and inspired by Matt Falloon:

Show All

1 comment: