Tuesday, December 19, 2017

December 19 - 12 Flamingo


A flock of flirting flamingos is pure, passionate, pink pandemonium-a frenetic flamingle-mangle-a discordant discotheque of delirious dancing, flamboyant feathers, and flamingo lingo.

~ Charley Harper

I'd like to present this flamingo from the video 12 (linkfor the 5th day of Trippmas.

This design by Scott Tripp holds a special place in my ... catalog of ... things .. flamingo?  12 was one of the first video instructions that I purchased.  This flamingo was one I practiced over and over again, and the sketch I made to remember the design is still in my original notebooks.

(Can't really show you a picture of my notes ... but here is the index for evidence!)

How can you not fall in love with the humor of Scott Tripp?  The video that was scheduled to release on 12/12/12, cost only $12, be limited to DVD release of 144 (12x12) ... is called 12!

... but it has 13 designs.

Anyways, here is the flamingo that is on page 1, the second design of the notebook I used to keep shorthand record of all the designs for memory sake.

Yet still I think this is the first time I've actually had to build it and I went ahead and watched the video to refresh my memory.  Ah well..






Other balloon designs by and inspired by Scott Tripp:

Show All

1 comment: