Wednesday, December 20, 2017

December 20 - Trippmas Ornaments


Down in the workshop all the elves were makin' toys
For the good Gentile girls and the good Gentile boys
When the boss busted in,
nearly scared 'em half to death
Had a rifle in his hands
and cheap whiskey on his breath
From his beard to his boots he was covered with ammo
Like a big fat drunk disgruntled Yuletide Rambo

~ Weird Al Yankovic
   The Night Santa Went Crazy

Presented for the 6th day of Trippmas - here is a balloon concept I saw Scott Tripp playing with recently.  His concern is that it might be too similar to Pico's to share, but I don't think so - this is more of a Smoosh160.

Ornaments perhaps?  These little guys would work great as another minimalist concept.  They remind me of "Little Tykes" toys, those toddler-friendly rounded bottoms that would fit into all of the various vehicles, I could even see them as lego-figures.

Once I copied the elves and Santa, I wanted to try something different and made the Mr. Hankey.  I've really come to appreciate in these minimalist-type balloons is how much freedom they really give you to create whatever you like.

Plenty more days of Trippmas ahead!






Other balloon designs by and inspired by Scott Tripp:

Show All

1 comment: