Monday, September 25, 2017

September 25 - Smoosh Frogs


One of the big questions in the climate change debate: Are humans any smarter than frogs in a pot? If you put a frog in a pot and slowly turn up the heat, it won't jump out. Instead, it will enjoy the nice warm bath until it is cooked to death. We humans seem to be doing pretty much the same thing.

~ Jeff Goodell

Scott Tripp's Smoosh! balloon concept is interesting in the concept yet unequaled in it's ability to foster creativity.  I know I've said it a few times but it really bears repeating - the way to make "anything" in balloons is to reduce it down distinct characteristics.  Color, shape, features.  An elephant has big ears and a long trunk.

By placing a restriction on yourself (a proper Smoosh! requires round balloons) -- you allow yourself to be more focused in the creative process.  Cosider this -- instead of "How would I build a frog?" - you ask, "using Smoosh! - how would I build a frog?".

Sometimes when building things, I make multiple versions of a balloon to try and make it look better.  This time I made three and I like all three of them for different reasons.







Other Smoosh:


Other balloon designs by Scott Tripp:

Show All

1 comment: