Sunday, September 3, 2017

September 3 - Two Faced Hello Kitty


Over here is Clay Aiken, there's a side of bacon
And I'm in a torpedo fighting with Satan
Next to hello kitty and a zombie ice skating and wait
It's Ronald Reagan

~ Weird Al Yankovic Another Tattoo

The next in the line of two faced balloons by David Brenion is this Hello Kitty.

I find Hello Kitty a bit fascinating in that it's something I remember from my youth, how is it possible for a license to sustain itself for so long?!  Viva La Internet, lets find out.

Hello Kitty was created in 1974 by Yuko Shimizu for the company Sanrio, and embodies the Japanese kawaii style (cuteness). Sanrio states that there is no mouth because they want people to project their own feeling on it, to "be happy or sad together with Hello Kitty."

David shows how to make the blue version, I didn't do much else from the base form but make it in pink






Other two-faced balloons:

Show All David Brenion Designs

1 comment: