Thursday, September 7, 2017

September 7 - Mike Wazowski


Roz, my tender, oozing blossom, you're looking fabulous today. Is that a new haircut? Come on, tell me it's a new haircut, isn't it? It's got to be a new haircut. New makeup? You had a lift? You had a tuck? You had something? Something has been inserted in in you that makes you look... Listen, I need a favor. Randall was working late last night out on the scare floor. I really need the key to the door he was using.

~ Mike Wazowski Monsters, Inc. (2001)

I love this movie! .. and I've been wanted to make a Mike Wazowski for a while.

David Brenion's Two Faced Table Decor balloon concept works great as a base for the head, but I didn't want to chubb out the body and just used his method of attaching spindly limbs.  I made a couple different eyes, I'm distorting a big round to try and get it flat and yet as big as possible, but the trade off is it's hard to get it without a bump where the tips meet.






Other two-faced balloons:

Show All David Brenion Designs




1 comment: