Wednesday, September 20, 2017

September 20 - Smoosh Pennywise


Ohhhh... You want it, don't you, Georgie? Hmm... Of course you do. And there's cotton candy, and rides, and all sorts of surprises down here. And balloons, too! All colors.

~ Pennywise It (1990)

I've yet to work my way through the rest of Scott Tripp's Smoosh! (link) - but I'm working with a limited amount of time in a month and want to get to some designs inspired by the technique!

I hear It's fantastic, but I've yet to see It.  Here is my Smooshywise.  Tim Curry is one of my wife's favorite actors, this is probably my second favorite roll for him (no contest for Frankenfurter).  The new Pennywise has some big shoes to fill - see what I did there?

I ended up making this for the folks at Starbucks - sometimes things are really well received and sometimes it's a new person who doesn't know what to make of me shoving a balloon in their hands before driving off.  I believe the direct quote was "wow!  this is ... whoa.  This.  This is .. something!"

Yep.







Other Smoosh:


Other balloon designs by Scott Tripp:

Show All

1 comment: