Sunday, September 17, 2017

September 17 - Smoosh Thomas


Now I've been crying lately,
Thinkin' about the world as it is
Why must we go on hating,
Why can't we live in bliss

'Cause out on the edge of darkness,
There rides a Peace Train
Oh Peace Train take this country,
Come take me home again

~ Cat Stevens Peace Train

Let me tell you something about Scott Tripp. He's far too humble for as brilliant as he is.

He constantly challenges himself to be next level creative, and as the intro to his Balloon Blast Video Show says, to "improve our art form". He thinks outside the box, I don't even think he's aware of the box - and he invites us on his journey into the off beat mechanisms of his brain. Dracula in a bathtub, pizza surfer, a ghost wheeling a grandfather clock ... I think his favorite game must be "stump the balloon guy". (No intended reference to Stump, the balloon guy.)

This is the second of his Smoosh! series (link). Thomas the Tank Engine was not a big part of my childhood or my childrens, but it's certainly a force of nature - having been around since 1946. I changed around the colors a little bit and then added Percy. Then for good measure added Piggy.







Other Smoosh:


Other balloon designs by Scott Tripp:

Show All


1 comment: