Tuesday, September 19, 2017

September 19 - Smoosh Pooh


"No, silly, old bear! You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is even if we're apart, I'll always be with you."

~ Christopher Robin Pooh's Most Grand Adventure: The Search For Christopher Robin

I can't read the title of this post without my inner child giggling - and I'm sure that's one of the reasons Scott included this design.  This is Pooh from Scott Tripp's Smoosh! (link) balloon concept.

Again I have to point out what a positive influence Scott has been on not only my own art, but for other balloon artists as well as probably most people he comes in contact with daily.

Scott has recently offered a 6 week course entitled "Creativity Blaster" - which I had the great fortune of taking part in.  It is a treatise on imaginativeness in which he has put an incredible amount of effort and research.

They say if you learn one thing from a course, it's time well spent.  I wonder what they say about learning 100+ things ...

I tried my hand a making Piglet using similar techniques.  Once again it seemed to work better with disconnected arms, and he always has such a big smile I thought that was important to include in the full face.  You can see by the picture of them together that Piglet is actually a little bit bigger because of this -- I could have tried to make him appropriate size, but it was easier to stick closer to the true technique and cheat a little in the final image.





Other Smoosh:


Other balloon designs by Scott Tripp:

Show All


1 comment: