Saturday, September 23, 2017

September 23 - Smoosh Eagle


“Farewell," they cried, "Wherever you fare till your eyries receive you at the journey's end!" That is the polite thing to say among eagles.

"May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks," answered Gandalf, who knew the correct reply.”

~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Annotated Hobbit: The Hobbit, Or, There and Back Again

Similar to the geo's, I was gifted a few bags of older hearts to play with -- and thought I would try my hand at what I could using Scott Tripp's Smoosh! style.

The principles are the same, but having multiple lobes created somewhat of a diagonal attachment.  The basic structure was making me think of a bird so I traveled down that corridor, making the one in all white first.

The head was so large it makes a nice cartoonish bald eagle.  I started out with no arms, drawing the wings in on the white - but then the arms made it more expressive and helped position the head.






Other Smoosh:


Other balloon designs by Scott Tripp:

Show All

1 comment: