Sunday, October 23, 2016

October 23 - Reaper


All our times have come
Here but now they're gone
Seasons don't fear the reaper
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain, we can be like they are
Come on baby, don't fear the reaper
Baby take my hand, don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly, don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man

~ Blue Öyster Cult (Don't Fear) The Reaper

Once again I explore the genius of Buster Balloon. This was another design that he shared during his 31 days of Halloween creations, and when waiting for my youngest to finish his dance lesson I tried to recreate from memory. That's why the first lacks a full skull, but I actually like the hooded effect the robe gives.

When home I was able to review his images and make a couple other attempts, adding the skull and eye sockets.  Now that I look again though I realize there are still a few things I'm still missing... Buster, always imitated, never duplicated.

I'm really enjoying setting these balloons into scenes!


I'm meeting a hairstylist later,
she's going to have a brush with death.

I don't love the job ... but it's a living.

Want to play kick the bucket?



Other posts with Busters's designs: Show all





1 comment: