Thursday, August 18, 2016

August 18 - Smoosh Kitty


"Ack!"

~ Bill the Cat

Scott Tripp has been teasing the balloon community with hints of his new "Smoosh" video for a few weeks now.  Apparently it's all set to go on their end and just waiting on the balloon-animals website to publish, but it's been weeks of us consuming a few pictures to hype it.

The follow up messages to these pictures are the text equivalent of baby birds waiting to be fed.  Chirp chirp chirp!  FEED me, Seymour!

Thankfully, last night Scott decided to release the Patreon support video for the Balloon Blast Show a little bit early to give us a taste, and offset our hunger.

Smoosh kitty is smooshy, and designed to be a wrist wearable - but will readily stand on it's own.  These are things that you could easily do in a line work situation, but they do require juggling a number of balloons.  What I really like about the base structure is the ability to pivot, the anchor points make it so you can turn the head and body to get a good variety of poses.   As I looked through the pictures I took, I didn't demonstrate a good variety - but you could!

Since Scott is known as somewhat of a balloon hoarder/scrap saver -- I thought it would be funny to build one using only the bits from my "junk bag" - the place where all loose things from my balloon kit get thrown.   I had to force myself to offset my twists in order for the prints to show. It wasn't as hilarious as I thought it would be, it ended up being more of a learning experience - all of those unused Olaf's would be fine for eyeballs, etc.


There is more than one way to skin a cat ...
Smoosh-cat ready to smoosh mouse.

We're going to name him Scrappy!


Other posts with Scott's designs:


Show all




2 comments: