Saturday, August 6, 2016

August 6 - Olympic Torch


Look, if you had, one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted. In one moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip?

~ Eminem Lose Yourself

I'm going to take a quick break from posting designs I learned at the Bling Bling Jam, I've caught Olympic fever!

I love the Olympics, it is such a globally unifying event.  As I write this, the opening ceremony introduction has just ended and the parade of nations has begun.  All over the world people are waiting for the heroes that will represent their country to arrive.

I know there will be highly produced, overtly dramatic segments surrounding our athletes - but as much as I know it's designed to tug on my heart strings.  It works.  I place myself in the shoes of the parents and swell with the shared pride.

It doesn't matter who stands on top of the podium, when the winning country's anthem is played, when the cameras pan on Mom & Dad, when the winners close their eyes to keep it inside and their face breaks just a little -- the entire world is holding it's breath.  If there's magic in a moment, it's right then.

This Olympic torch was designed by Sergey Loginov for his YouTube channel (link) with subtitles, which he has been doing more frequently.  Sergey does a fantastic job of explaining the precise sizes of things regardless of language using his rulers.

I had a flame print Quicklink spray in a bag of junk from Bling Bling Jam I thought I would try, and it ended up looking like those weirdly special aerodynamic torches they use nowadays for the runners.





*huff huff*  Just a little *huff* further...  *huff huff*

Other posts with Sergey's designs:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tug at the heartstrings along with the smile!!!

    ReplyDelete