Saturday, March 10, 2018

March 10 - Space Satan

“Christianity may be good and Satanism evil. Under the Constitution, however, both are neutral. This is an important, but difficult, concept for many law enforcement officers to accept. They are paid to uphold the penal code, not the Ten Commandments … The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don’t like that statement, but few can argue with it.”

~ Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

This week during Sketch4Sketch, Alex had an old friend and fellow artist visiting.  Skinner is a self-taught artist living in Oakland who's style I would describe as a intense, bizarre and creepy fiend folio. 100% awesome - but don't just take my word for it, see for yourself on his Instagram @ theartofskinner.

At one point he was talking about how sometimes his art is poorly received.  Other artists will make amazing approachable designs and (sic.) "I'll be all, 'wanna see my Space Satan?'"

He spoke the words, I grabbed my balloons.

Space Satan.




2 comments: