Friday, March 30, 2018

March 30 - Green Bottle Fly


Help me. Please... help me.

~ The Fly (1986)

Here is my next submission for the latest sketch4sketch challenge.  I tweaked a bit how the base structure was assembled and saw those as pincers of some insect.

The final result ended up looking like a fly, which prompted the final build using the metallic green.

I took some liberties when making the final build with the shape, changing the pincers to a sucker, and building the body in a way that would make the wings easier to attach.  I don't see it as cheating because the whole goal of the exercise is to inspire creativity.

One factoid jumped out when reading about the green bottle fly - their maggots prefer to consume dead tissue, and there was a time when they were sold as maggot therapy.   "The more you know!"






Other balloon designs inspired by Alex Pardee:

Show All

1 comment: