Monday, May 11, 2020

May 11 - Mouse


“The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
Gang aft agley.
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!”

~ Robert Burns, To A Mouse

So ... I feel a little guilty making this mouse.

This mouse was a request of a friend whose daughter is going to have a birthday and asked if she could have a mouse.  So this is I suppose a bit of a prank, I mean it's not permanent -- she's going to watch it deflate slowly until at some point she will be forced to destroy it humanely.

Perhaps that's the object lesson and this is brilliant?

(I'm hoping there is at least a "Mickey Mouse" for her in the future!)

I wanted to make a fancier and more realistic mouse, so I turned to master-of-the-art Isopresso for inspiration and he had a hedgehog that I modeled this after.






(view other mice)

No comments:

Post a Comment