Friday, May 15, 2020

May 15 - Chef


“Cooking is an art and also science.”

~ Mohith Agadi

As people remain cooped up for safety sake, a number of balloon artists are starting to share more and more in live events.  I have been a fan of U-chan (@uoo2525 ) for a while, he has a masterful style and has started live broadcasting when he creates.

I knew I just had to recreate his pig chef.  I rely on technology to auto-caption/auto-translate, and freeze frame when things are shown, so I'm not entirely sure if it was a tutorial or not.  But the results were worth the effort!

One of the things that U-Chan does better than most I've seen is the artwork he does for eyes.  Inspirational, and definitely a sign of great art - when it makes you want to go practice.  That said, the eyes here are created differently and probably the coolest technique I've seen.  Check out his YouTube channel:  link

One of the things I need to work on is my penmanship.  I love this balloon, but it's a bit maddening to build it, start to take photos, realize you forgot one last thing, then draw the nostrils off-center.  *face palm*  *eye-roll*  *long sigh* *post anyways*





(view other chefs)

No comments:

Post a Comment