Tuesday, May 19, 2020

May 19 - One Love


Jah is one perfect love, until the philosophy
Which holds one race superior and another
Inferior is finally and permanently discredited and
Abandoned there will war everyday
Jah is why we are all blessed, this Iniverse was
Created for man to live in peace concord
And happiness and the word of Haile Selassie
I's a blessing yes .

~ SOJA, Non-Partial Non-Political (link)

Technically I suppose it's Four Love.

As I watch these tutorials by Mr. Sung - I'm relying on technology for translations and I am tickled that the translation for this heart is "love".  So I can comfortably say last night I made love for well over an hour.  Tantric balloon art?

Weaving can be some mindless braiding at times, but this one does require some attention paid to pattern to get a good heart shape.

One of the fun things you can do with weaving though is to break from the pattern and make your own patterns with colors, it's like solving a crossword puzzle.  I thought it would be fun to make a rainbow, to me that is the symbol of purest "IDGAF what you think" kind of love -- and while making that, I was listening to Fantan Mojah so it felt natural to build One Love.

Let's acknowledge the corridor approach to creativity.  At the beginning of this exercise, I was building a heart.  Now that I've traveled some down the corridor, possibilities are visible that were not at the start.  I think it would be super cool to to make a giant "One Love" weave within the outline of Africa.  I have it on my Todo list now -- but if someone wants to take the baton and run with it, I have a great Spotify playlist for you to listen to while doing building. 😁 





(view other hearts)

Other balloon designs or inspiration from Chun Lin, Sung:



No comments:

Post a Comment