Friday, May 22, 2020

May 22 - Whale


“Queequeg explained to me that his world was very different from ours. However, one thing he learned quickly, was that within all groups of people there are kind men and there are unkind men.”

~ Herman Melville, Moby Dick

This design is one that I've admired for a while.  Mr. Sung won a color contest with a giant version of his whale, and there are instructions for the creation of that -- this is a smaller version and probably the one that most excited me to build.

The combination of the two different textures was intriguing -- and now I know the magic.

This was another, like the egg, that is simple enough to construct but exacting in the sizing to try and get the proper shape.

It seemed only too fitting to build it again in Caribbean Blue, the water spout on that one is the one taught (and my favorite).







Other balloon designs or inspiration from Song Junlin:



No comments:

Post a Comment