Tuesday, September 13, 2016

September 13 - Mother of Dragons


“Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell they’re all just spokes on a wheel. This one’s on top, then that one’s on top, and on and on it spins crushing those on the ground. I’m not going to stop the wheel, I’m going to break the wheel.”

~ Daenerys Stormborn, The Unburnt Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and of the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons

My Khaleesi, my wife, my queen had a birthday yesterday. Having balloons to use as props really just opens up a world of possibilities for these scavenger hunts.

In this adventure, she had to find three dragon eggs and then hatch them to reveal her final prize.  Unfortunately due to work, school and sport schedules it was after 8pm when we started, so the pictures are just quick snaps so we could get to cake and kids bedtimes.

The stallion that mounted the world shall not be,
So reclaim your throne across the great sea.
Don't walk in fire, though your grief my compell you,
Break open the eggs and see what they tell you.

One thing I am really enjoying about scavenging with balloons is a big awkward piece of weirdness you have to wear as you hunt - this time it was Daenerys's hair, similar to Elsa hair that I had seen posted online, I only added the side whisps and a golden band to hold it together in back (only barely visible on the final picture).  I used Balloon Sage's wrist dragons, they were a great wearable to make scavenging even more good and awkward.

I was originally going to use Dan Staples Denzlo dragon for the hunt, but they end up quite big and I didn't have time to play around with them and finish up the clues.  They work great as teenagers though - I ended up taking them in to the office, giving the green one to the front desk who was immediately recognized as Pete's Dragon.


Queen of baby dragons

Queen of Teens

I am Daenerys Porkborn




Other posts with Dan's designs:


Show all

1 comment: