Sunday, September 18, 2016

September 18 - Baby Ambassadors


“When a child is born its sense-organs are brought in contact with the outer world. The waves of sound, heat and light beat upon its feeble body, its sensitive nerve-fibres quiver, the muscles contract and relax in obedience: a gasp, a breath, and in this act a marvelous little engine, of inconceivable delicacy and complexity of construction, unlike any on earth, is hitched to the wheel-work of the Universe.”

~ Nikola Tesla

Yesterday I was invited to participate in a Baby Ambassador event put on by the Top Ladies of Distinction (http://www.tlodinc.org/), a non-profit humanitarian organization.

This event in particular is celebrating and bringing awareness to infant health and promoting healthy children through all areas of critical development and is a fundraiser for the March of Dimes and a local community playground. Children and their families participate in providing education and resources to achieve and maintain health for their children.

The original task was to create centerpieces for the function, and if there was any extra time - maybe something a little more exciting to encourage patron generosity. The centerpieces use Juan Gonzales's baby design tide to a few clusters of balloons. This was the first time I've tried to make any sort of decor like this, and my first time working with tulle and ribbon accessories. I think it was pretty effective - but I would probably draw another face on the backside to make it visible from all sides.

Issue #83 of Balloon Magic Magazine included with it a bonus video by Pippity-Pop of a baby in a small bundle, perfect for being carried by a stork - I thought they would make good photo accessories or nice giveaways. I also built a bassinet out of quick links for a few of Phileas Flash's babies inside.

All of the balloons were very well received, I had to scramble away early since my youngest was performing that afternoon at an art/street festival. I hope the event was a great success! Thanks Bridggette!

We ordered womb service for four ...

Babies - feeding the hand that bites you

I think they like my jokes, they haven't fully groaned yet.

4 comments:

  1. Great job!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....all turned out even better than I could have ever imagined! So proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Womb service for 4...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool...and you got to see Lucas perform! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete