Monday, September 5, 2016

September 5 - Brenion Masks Too


~ Mary Poppins - I Love To Laugh

Tomorrow we find out the results of the mask competition!

Recently Nifty Balloon's posted that they "laughed out loud several times looking through the entries! Thank GOODNESS we aren't the judges!"  The Brenion's have contributed so much to my balloon education and balloon art in general with their creativity and balloon concepts that making them laugh is a win to me, regardless of any outcome.

But I couldn't resist making a ... few? more masks for the contest.

I actually ended up making more than I submitted for the contest, even purposefully posting Tick Tock Crockabowie late for added funniosity.  Some of the other contest entries are so inspiring and simply amazing that I would be very shocked if any of mine are chosen, but I am keeping my fingers crossed, and again - it was an honor just to compete with some of these balloon superstars. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, right?

I will again include the captioning I added for the contest entries:


La la la la la laaaa, la la la la laaaaaaa!

Nifty Balloons are the Smurfiest!

"I wear a Brenion mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am."



"In your head, in your head
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie
What's in your head?
In your head
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie-ie, oh"

"I don't know if this is such a good idea Tommy."
-Chuckie Finster



I no longer play World of Warcraft, but I fell in love with the lore and the world.

Let me tell you of Broxigar the Red. This is an early picture of him with his Warg pup.

Survivor of the First, Second and Third Wars, yet shamed for being the sole survivor in his warband as they defended a vital pass at Mount Hyjal, he later became part of the Kaldorei resistance and found himself fighting the Burning Legion once more. In this final battle, with the instincts of a warrior - he realized the need to stall the demon legions coming through the portal in order for the wizards to complete their incantations and close the breach. So he leaped from the back of the dragon and dove through the portal.

Matthew Rossi tells of his final moments:
Now, at the edges of that otherplace no orc could understand, one orc did better and defied the entire host of the Burning Legion. They could not pass. Death itself could no longer avoid Broxigar. It would be forced to their final meeting. The Red, as Brox's friends and family often called him, stood atop a pile of demon corpses and howled defiance back at them as if to say "Here stands your weapon, forged by you, honed by you, twisted into flesh by you. And I will never be used by you again."
#StoptheRhinoPop! #POPPoaching

The Pilanesberg National Park in Australia has been victimized in recent years by poachers. Six years ago someone poached the first rhino from the park, "Suzie" - and now there are on average 10 killed per year. In addition some that have simply been shot and left wounded. There is a heart wrenching video entitled "The Day the Rhino Died" on the website that shows the effort some people put in to try and save a wounded calf whose mother had been killed.

A network of balloon artists from around the world are trying to raise both awareness and funds to help protect the park from these poachers. Lots of information on the program and how you can help are on the website: http://www.theballoonrhinoproject.co.za/
Tick-Tock the Crocodog

(I know it's late ... but he swallowed the clock!)


I love two masks, ha ha ha haaaa,
One's a great big eye..
I love two masks, ho ho ho hoooo,
The other a terrapin guy!


Other posts with David's designs:


Show all

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to start my day!!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Zombie mask. They're all great. Bowie is such a great sport and that one is brilliant! I hope you win ;)

    ReplyDelete