Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 20 - Motorcycle


"A low rumbling sound had broken the silence around them. It grew steadily louder as they looked up and down the street for some sign of a headlight; it swelled to a roar as they both looked up at the sky — and a huge motorcycle fell out of the air…"

~ JK Rowling Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Pieter Van Engen uses so many marriage twists, he ought to be ordained.  He really is a master at using them, I really like the way his deep marriage twists create a divot in the main balloon, it makes for an interesting shape to the headlight and ... engine?

There are a lot of great features to this motorcycle, a hybrid using some of the intricate ideas in this smaller motorcycle and the details in Dylan's larger sized Pocket Chopper (link) would be epic.

This is actually the second of Pieter's motorcycles I've built - but I cheated on a few of the marriage twists (made them double-pinch) and I guess I didn't take pictures because of it, I can't find any at least.

This is perfect size for Purple to ride, so I built it in lilac.


 Ride when you're two tired, not when you're too tired.

Lilac it a lot!

Now I know why a dog sticks it's head out the window!




Other posts with Pieter's designs:


Show all

2 comments: