Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 25 - Strawberry Kiss


Let me take you down
Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry Fields forever
~ The Beatles Strawberry Fields Forever

Strawberry Kiss is the final Shopkin in John Justice's collection "Food Things".

I feel like I have ridden the Shopkin rollercoaster.  Initially dazzled by their cuteness and excited by the sheer quantity of potential designs, the thrill is gone. Yes this one is pretty darn cute, but unless you are steeped in the Shopkins universe, it's really eyes on a strawberry - and with 5 seasons of >100 variety, almost every inanimate object has become a Shopkin at this point.

I thought it might be fun to challenge myself and bought a pack, I got "eyes on a wedding cake" guy and "eyes on pop rocks" guy.  I built "eyes on cake" to complete the self-challenge, but instead of wasting time figuring out who this guy is, or a day's balloon talking about Cakie-pie or Pastry Pete or whoever I will include that image here.

I don't pretend to know how the Shopkins universe functions, but it seems amusingly(?) morbid to have a Shopkin that isn't purely an ingredient. - isn't CakeFace made from smooshed up other Shopkins?  ... in a world full of sentient objects, meal time must be a table of horrors.

Interestingly enough (?) there is no variant for this Strawberry Kiss.  Perhaps any other colors would look like mushy strawberry.  Indeed, my attempt at a purple variant looks terrible.


Favorite singer: Katy Berry

Who ever heard of a Shnozberry?!

MMmmmmmm...  I mean cheeeeeeeese!

The wedding topper is quite literally a strawberry kiss.   Dun dun DUNN!!!



Other posts with John's designs:


Show all

1 comment: